So Paula said she wanted to see my Jersey Collection, so here it is:
1) Tom Seaver throwback: I got this one in a Long Island mall on sale for $50. Tom Seaver was always one of my grandfather’s favorite pitchers. He was the one who got me into baseball so when I saw this I had to get it.
2) Ike Davis black “authentic” I got this off eBay for like $25. I’m 99% sure this is a bootleg, but whatever. It fits great, looks great and no one can tell the difference.
3) Atlanta Braves authentic (no player): my oldest baseball jersey, got this off of eBay as well. Forgot how much I paid for it.
4) Green Bay Packers Aaron Rodgers “authentic” Bought this from a chinese bootleg site for $35, even though you honestly cannot tell. It’s a great jersey, it’s just a bit too snug at the moment. :\
5) Miami Dolphins Jake Long “authentic” Got this off eBay for a steal (ie: I can’t remember, maybe like $15?) and yeah I know this one is a fake because the color of the numbers and nameplate are the wrong shade of green. Whatever. Jake Long rules.
6) New York Giants Eli Manning replica: Got this one from the very store that the Manning family’s grandparents own in Philadelphia, MS. It was cheaper than most stores because of that. $50.
7) Minnesota Vikings Brett Favre “authentic (I think you may be sensing a trend here)” Bought this off a guy from the Something Awful Forums for $25. Looks real enough for me. Sadly Brett retired the year after I got this, so thanks for that Brett.
8) Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl Ben Roethlisberger replica: I really don’t know why I have this. Got it off eBay for like $10. I guess I just wanted a jersey of a rapist around the house.
I have more but this is all Tumblr will let me do in one post! Three more Miami Dolphins jerseys, none really of note. A old LogoAthletic Dan Marino jersey that’s way too small, a Jay Fiedler replica (of all the people), and a Junior Seau jersey which I got the year after he retired. I recently wore it again after I found out he committed suicide. Poor guy. :(
I don’t really have the best luck with Dolphins jerseys, apparently.